Homespiration is an online magazine focused on showcasing the latest and most amazing interior design ideas, contemporary homes and architecture projects from all around the world. We are frequently visited by architects, interior designers, students and other people interested in design and architecture. Our website: https://homespiration.net/
Do you have questions for Anna Kieu?
Log in to ask Anna Kieu questions publicly or anonymously.
When staging a home for sale, you need to leave your emotions behind. We are often blind to certain imperfections in our homes. However if you are staging a home for sale then you must realise that you need to do as much as you can to entice a potential buyer. The best way to do this – rather than your house being left just the way you live in it, imagine what buyers would like to see when they visit your home.
The first thing any prospective buyer will see is the front of your house. While their agent is opening the front door and talking to them, your buyer has thirty seconds to scan everything around them. So to give the best first impression, you should :-
– Mow the lawn and weed the flower beds
– Remove all trash cans and gardening paraphernalia
– If you have any outdoor lights that don’t work, replace them
– Remove items from your porch that don’t need to be there and sweep the walkway
– Clean and wash the windows and your front door
– Remove old, worn and stained mats
– Spruce up your front yard’s appearance by adding some flower pots
Now let’s move inside. There are little things that you can do when staging homes for sale, that will impress your visitors. These include:-
– Clear away all clutter
– Make sure the lights are on in every room
– Remove unnecessary appliances for worktops and the kitchen
– Ensure that you dust, clean and vacuum each room every couple of days
– Rearrange the furniture to make the rooms appear more spacious
– Remove all your personal items and photos. You want your potential buyer’s to view your home as their own!
– If you are holding an open day and you know you will have a lot of visitors, then bake some fresh cookies or bread. You could try slowly simmering apple cider in a pot with cinnamon sticks and strategically place potpourri around your house
– Play some soft music
When staging a home for sale, these are some of the more logical steps you should take. However, you would be surprised at how many people actually make this kind of effort. Buyer’s will make assumptions about your property, if you don’t follow these simple steps. So remember always view your home through a potential buyer’s eyes!
Source article from howtoflipahouse.net